Tracy School #1066
The Tracy School District formed in 1900 on land that had been part of Forest and McDermott districts. A school was built on NE 33-7-4w on the Dufferin-Grey municipal boundary. It closed in 1961 and by 1964 the district was divided between Elm Creek and Carman districts.
Tracy School No. 1066 was a historic one-room schoolhouse organized in April 1900 on the Dufferin-Grey municipal boundary in Manitoba. A modern replacement building was constructed in 1925, and the site is now commemorated with a local monument documenting its regional heritage.Timeline and Location
- April 1900: School district organized on land split from Forest and McDermott districts.
- 1900s–1920s: Original one-room structure built on the municipal boundary, later moved to Elm Creek where it was used as a private residence.
- 1925: A newer building with a full basement, furnace, and indoor toilets replaced the original structure.
- 1961–1964: School closed permanently (1961), with the district later divided between Elm Creek and Carman. In 1962 the building was moved to NW13-8-6W where it was renovated into a private residence.
- Present Day: A monument, located along an ungravelled road and erected in 1992 for the Elm Creek centennial year and dedicated to the pioneers, teachers, and students of the Tracy School District, marks the original school grounds.
