Homewood School #1456
Homewood School #1456

The first Homewood School was built in 1908 on eight lots at the west end of Homewood. It was constructed with cement blocks, heated by a coal and wood stove and lighted by oil lamps. It burned in 1924.

The new school of timber with a full basement was constructed. Electricity was not installed until 1937 and the heating was changed to oil heat in 1952. Homewood school closed in 1963 and students transferred to Carman. The school was sold and moved to Brigdenley district.