Broad Valley School District No. 1823 was formed in 1916 from parts of Homewood and Garnett districts. The need for a new school arose after areas of the Boyne Marsh were drained and land opened for settlement.

A one-room school was built on SE 29-7-3w. By the 1930s, students were mainly from Mennonite families. Many of the students transferred to Hopeland School when it opened in 1937. The school closed in 1968 and the district became part of Midland School Division, later renamed Prairie Rose School Division.

Among the teachers who worked at Broad Valley School through the years were J. Fred Woods, Bernard Dyck Klippenstein (Fall 1960 – Spring 1961), Frank Elias (Fall 1965 – Spring 1966), and Ernest John Doell (Fall 1966 – Spring 1967).