Skip navigation
Home > Local Heritage > A Brief History > Settlements > Lintrathen


Lintrathen

A post office opened in the Lintrathen community in 1881. It was located on 21-5-6w; later moved to 2-6-6w. Andrew Riddell is listed as the first postmaster. Four other postmasters served before the post office closed in 1920.

Lintrathen School was built in 1902 on SE 3-6-6w on land transferred for the customary $1.00. The school served as a social centre for the district until it was consolidated with Graysville School District. LIntrathen did not have a local church.

Back to Settlements list