Skip navigation
Home > Local Heritage > Schools > St. Daniel School


St. Daniel School #811

St. Daniel School was the only Roman Catholic bilingual school in the area. It formed before 1894. The first school was a log building, built on an acre of land on the NE corner of NW 16-7-5w. It was moved about 1895 to SE 30-7-7w. A new school was built in 1902; a third in 1952. The school closed in 1966. The building continues to serve as a community centre.

 

Back to Schools list or Schools Cairns/Signs list