Skip navigation
Home > Local Heritage > Schools > Albert School


Albert School # 152

Albert School was built in 1884 on SW 10-5-5w five miles northwest of Carman. It was named after Albert Clark, an early settler. Lumber for the frame school was hauled from Barnsley by ox team. It was replaced in 1908 at a cost of $1700 with a larger building made of red bricks from the Leary Brick plant west of Roseisle. A third frame school was built in 1953 and closed in 1968; it now houses part of the Miami Museum.



Back to Schools list or Schools Cairns/Signs list