Skip navigation
Home > Local Heritage > Heritage Sites > Certificate Sites > 33-2nd Avenue SE


33-2nd Avenue SE, Carman

The Campbell House is a Carman landmark—one of the largest and most impressive of the community’s historic houses. Built in 1903 for James Campbell, the house is a bold and ambitious expression of the architectural delights of the Queen Anne style, so popular for residential buildings in Manitoba at this time.

The great animation of the brick work and the huge wooden brackets (painted white to contrast with the red brick) are only the start of this building’s architectural qualities. Each gable end is also highlighted with the most dazzling concoctions of wooden fretwork, each a major example of the design and craftsmanship that went into their construction.


Back to Certificate Sites list