Skip navigation
Home > Local Heritage > Heritage Sites > Certificate Sites > 113-2nd Street SW


113-2nd Street SW, Carman

This house, which was built for Luella Ferguson in 1908 and sold to Malcolm McIvor in 1910, is a major example of the kind of large and handsome building that the social and economic elite of Carman built for themselves in the early 20th century.

The present owners, the George family, purchased the house in 1947. The building is a major example of design and craftsmanship, with its sturdy brick walls, complex and dramatic roof shape, and numerous and expertly crafted features and details.

This house is one of the five key buildings that help make the block of 2nd Street SW between 2nd and 3rd avenues such a notable area—packed with fine brick houses that proudly express the architectural ambitions of their owners, and of the Town of Carman at its height.


Back to Certificate Sites list