Skip navigation
Home > Local Heritage > A  Brief History > Communities > Bradburn




Bradburn

Located on NW 27-7-5w, seven miles northwest of Carman, on the Canadian Northern Railway. The community was named after a local homesteader and businessman, Thomas Bradburn.

Aspiring to become a growing community, Bradburn had an elevator (Sherwin Godkin, operator), two stores, a poolroom and a small station. The rail line was removed in 1926. In 1929, Edouard Tissot tore down his store and poolroom and rebuilt in Barnsley.


Back to Communities list or Communities Cairns/Signs list