Skip navigation
Home > Local Heritage > Churches > Lutheran Churches


Lutheran Churches

Grace St. John Lutheran Anglican Church (Carman)

alt=""

On October 21st 1951 at their organizational meeting the trustees were authorized to purchase two lots in Carman, at 163 2nd St SE. They also purchased a building from the boy’s home west of Carman and moved it to the purchased lots. On October 19th 1952 the church was dedicated. In 1958 the church was realigned with the Christ Lutheran Church in Morden. The mortgage on the building was burned in 1959. The church is now amalgamated with the local Anglican Church and is known as the Grace St. John’s Lutheran & Anglican Church.

Formed in 1925 by union of Methodists, Presbyterians & Congregationalists, its clergy were among the first Protestant missionaries to the Boyne area.

Return to Churches list