Skip navigation
Home > Local Heritage > Churches > Canadian Reformed Churches



Canadian Reformed Churches


The Canadian Reformed Church - West Church

alt=""Canadian Reformed Church - West Church

When a number of Dutch immigrants came to the Homewood area after WWII, they at first held worship services in their homes. In 1951, the church was formally instituted. Services were held in the old Homewood Anglican Church, later in the Dufferin Leader building in Carman, above the print shop.

A church building was purchased in 1958 from Plum Coulee area and moved to a site on Highway #3 East. In 1980, a new church was built on 4th Ave NW to accommodate the growing congregation. During the building phase, the congregation met in the Dufferin Christian School auditorium. The new church was opened in March, 1981. Currently, renovations are being made to the church site on Hwy #3. The first church building was sold and moved to Roseisle where it is used as a workshop.

alt=""
Canadian Reformed Church - East Church

Return to Churches list