Skip navigation
Home > Local Heritage > Cemeteries > Roseisle


Cemeteries: Roseisle

Roseisle Cemetery opened in 1895 on land donated to the Presbyterian Church by W.D.B. Boyd on NE 21-6-7w, one-half mile south of the present-day town-site. Many local pioneer families are buried here. In early years, 16’x16’ plots sold for $4.00; members of the congregation provided posts to fence the cemetery. The first burial was Florence Smith, daughter of Joseph and Ann Smith, buried in 1895. An information centre contains a cemetery map, alphabetical listing of burials by family, plus location of burials and monuments for individual plots. Archway by local metal craftsman Clifford McPherson.

alt=""

Tour of Roseisle Cemetery (pdf 7 MB) pdf icon

Return to List of Cemeteries and Abandoned Burial Sites

A Guide to Funerary Art in Manitoba (pdf 3 MB) pdf icon